Job Description & Requirements
Experience 3-5+ years in commercial roofing
Education – High School degree or equivalency
- knowledge of materials, methods and tools involved in the installation and repair of all commercial roofing systems.
- Ability to read plans, understand details and willingness to adhere to these items.
- Familiar with the details and installation requirements for all roof systems to include but not be limited to Built-Up roofing, Modified Bitumen (Hot Asphalt, Torch down and cold processed), EPDM, PVC, TPO (Single ply installation will be minimal with this position), Standing Seam Metal Roofing (SSMR), Perimeter Metal installation as well as all fluid applied systems (coatings).
- Familiar with Tapered Insulation systems, plans and installation.
- Knowledge of the use and maintenance of tools and equipment routinely used in the roofing industry to include but not be limited to, Hand tools (hammers, pry bars, tape measure etc.) Hand Torches, Asphalt Mops, Hand Leister Guns (Heat welders), Leister Robots (TPO and MOD BIT), Kettles, Enforcers and Roof Warriors.
- Ability to act as a foreman and direct other roofers and laborers in completion of work.
- Familiar with and able to enact proper safety controls to help ensure site safety of all employees to include fall protection, fire protection and PPE.
- Clean background as position is dependent on ability to obtain a pass for a Federal Military Installation.